WWF-NL is looking for an intern for the program Voices for Just Climate Action, starting as soon as possible for a period of minimum 4 months.
Intern - Communications for the Voices for just Climate Action (VCA) Program
Voices for Just Climate Action (VCA):
The Voices for Just Climate Action (VCA) Program is a WWF program aimed to mobilize an alliance of global and local voices connecting a diverse range of civil society organizations (CSO’s) representing women, youth, indigenous people, urban poor, digital activists and more.
The alliance aims to influence a world where civil society is heard and respected. A world where civil society co-creates locally relevant, inclusive and fundable climate solutions and is an agent of change and influences policies and practices to the benefit of these solutions. As part of local and global responses to the climate crisis, these climate solutions will deliver real benefits to people and nature. The alliance works on this vision through three strategic interventions:
- Mutual capacity strengthening for co-creating alternative scaled climate solutions
- Agenda-setting and movement in climate action through amplified storytelling
- Joint lobbying and advocacy to make policy and financial flows responsive to locally shaped climate solutions
In this internship we are looking for a student who can help to strengthen the communication around the VCA program and make the VCA program visible as the outstanding example of inclusive conservation (IC). IC is part of the long term strategy of WWF-NL. This includes internal and external communication. Communication can be for a wider public to put attention to VCA as an example of Inclusive Conservation and the importance of it. But also communication for specific target groups, like the government of for fundraising.
Supporting the general VCA communication officer through:
- Collecting and sorting information from the field areas of the VCA Program
- Updating the communication strategy and making information more visible and accessible
- Supporting colleagues with information for eg. reporting, lobbying and fundraising
- Maintaining the website/newsletters and other relevant communication material
- (Co)-organizing important events
WWF is looking for a master student or student from last year practical university (HBO) with expertise/interest in social themes and conservation as well as communication. The student should be good in working both independently and in a team. Good English and preferably also Dutch writing and speaking skills are a prerequisite.
Period: minimum 4 months, starting as soon as possible
Allowance: students achieve an allowance of €550,- per month on a full time basis
Information and Questions: contact your supervisor or Natascha Zwaal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please send your CV and motivation letter before June 30 to Natascha Zwaal (email@example.com).