Project Support Officer Kom ook impact maken
Samen met een geweldig team
Project Support Officer
WWF Netherlands (Wereld Natuur Fonds) is committed to create a world where nature and people thrive by activating millions. We strive to become the most inspiring and impactful nature conservation organization of the Netherlands by creating resilient landscapes, a society wide movement and an exponential organization.
WWF Netherlands consists of four departments: Engagement, Organization & Talent Development, Finance & Operations and Conservation. For the Green Finance team, as part of the Conservation department, WWF-NL is looking for a:
Project Support Officer Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD) (24-32 hours)
WWF has worked on conservation for decades, achieved many notable successes and over time, evolved and expanded its programmes to meet changing conservation challenges. As problems of governance, scarcity, degradation and pollution have spread and intensified, interest in protecting our natural resources has diversified and has started to bring government, the public, business and investors together to jointly tackle some of the major impacts of economic development on natural capital. As part of its strategy, WWF NL applies various approaches to reduce pressure on ecosystems. We aim to redirect the funding flow to sustainable practices by working with Finance Institutions (FIs) and better understand how they and their (corporate) clients and investees can mitigate (business) risks and seize opportunities that originate from those practices.
The Dutch government has granted the consortium of Dutch development bank FMO, SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV), World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF-NL) and Climate Fund Managers (CFM) the management of the Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD). This pioneering partnership of NGOs and financiers aims to help developing countries build climate resilient economies. Investments made by the consortium parties will seek to improve the wellbeing, economic prospects, and livelihoods of vulnerable groups – particularly women and youth – and, enhance the health of critical ecosystems, from river basins to tropical rainforests, marshland, and mangroves. The Origination Facility of the DFCD is managed by WWF-NL and SNV collectively. The facility seeks to leverage the landscape strategy for activity sourcing and develop opportunities into viable business cases for the two investment facilities.
The project support officer will be reporting to the Green Finance team lead (Aaron Vermeulen), work closely with the Project Manager of DFCD (Charlotte Floore) and have frequent, direct and diverse working relationships with colleagues in the WWF-NL office, WWF offices worldwide and the consortium members.
Roles and responsibilities
The main tasks of the Project Support Officer will be supporting the Green Finance team lead (TL) in his role for DFCD and the Project Manager (PM) for DFCD, including:
- Coordination, planning, implementation and reporting of WWF NL to FMO as a contracting partner
- Monitoring the implementation progress and collect data on indicators and results using the Monday tool
- Taking minutes of meetings using the Monday tool
- Managing the administration and ensuring deadlines are met
- Providing administrative services including diary management, booking meetings, planning events
- Organizing, prioritizing and tracking emails on DFCD and respond where appropriate, manage the email boxes and communicate on behalf of the TL and PM
- Working closely with TL and PM to arrange and prepare meetings and briefing materials
- Providing administrative support in the delivery of assignments and initiatives
- Creating and sending Newsletters and keep databases updated
- Organising Team events and planning webinars and workshops
- Providing support for meetings, conferences or specific subjects and coordinating and preparing all relevant documents and briefing packs
- Archiving and retrieving information, documents, correspondence and reports
- Once Covid19 restrictions are lifted arranging travel, visa’s and accommodation
- Contributing to the team spirit and excellent ambiance in the DFCD Team and working with partners
Required skills and competencies
- Sufficient experience of providing secretarial and administrative support
- Attention to detail and follow-up with organizational and prioritization skills
- A flexible working style, discretion and diplomacy
- Proficient IT skills in Microsoft Office
- Time management skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Experience with the Monday tool is an advantage
You recognize yourself in the values of WWF: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
This position is for 24-32 hours a week, preferably distributed over 5 days a week, for the minimum of one year, with an option to extend until end 2023. You will work from our office in Zeist, the Netherlands. Partly working from home is an option.
WWF is a professional and dynamic organization with an informal working culture. Our salary levels are in line with the standard in the Dutch not for profit sector. We do stimulate flexible working arrangements, the use of public transport and bike for work related travel.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please apply by Thursday 21 October 2021 at te latest via the form below on this website. Questions about this role can be directed to Annemiek Dijkhuis, HR Business Partner, via HR@wwf.nl.
We actively strive for our employees to reflect society and the international character of our organization.
We consider the safety and protection of our colleagues as important. We therefore ask you to complete an integrity statement and we may ask for references. A Statement of Behavior (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag) is required for all positions.